Saturday 13 October 2012

Transfer day

We drove to Seattle for our transfer, overall it was about 2200km of driving for us, but the trip was broken up with visits along the way. On Sept 20th, transfer day, we went to Pike place market for the morning to attempt to distract me from looking at the clock every 2 seconds. Finally the time came for drinking of liters of water and taking Valium. I'm going to say, I didn't think the Valium was actually doing anything for me. But my husband would say, it did  A LOT! The team at our clinic was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and the clinic itself was beautiful. We went to the transfer room right away and the embryologist came into to show us photos of our beautiful babies. We had thawed 3 embryos, but unfortunately, one of the embryos did not survive the thaw. The other two, however, were growing strong and expanding as they should. I had been really nervous about the embryos not surviving the thaw, or if only one survived the thaw, as we really hoped for transfer of 2 embryos. As I have been told over and over again, I shouldn't have worried, God is in control, not me. During the actual transfer, we watched on a screen in the room as our embryos were moved from the culture dish and loaded into the transfer catheter. It was really cool to see them and KNOW they were really going into my uterus! The transfer was smooth and after about 15 mins of resting still, we were sent to our hotel! Our clinic is not strict at all about bed rest, and even encouraged us to go out for a nice supper. Too bad for the Valium... I slept all afternoon and evening :) The day following the transfer we spent lounging in our hotel watching movies and praying that these babies were implanting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment